DEAR PRESIDENT;

REF: THE GOVERNMENT WHICH GOVERNS LEAST GOVERNS BEST AND GREATER THE GOVERNMENT THE SMALLER THE INDIVIDUAL.

I am writing to you this letter not for the reason of complaining as it has been a normal thing now days. I am young man positive in my dealings knowing where I am going and where I came from. When I was a little kid 2years old I had a dream of becoming a president of this country but something happened that now I have another mission in life and you are my President. At a time I had that dream, I had a great picture in mind of what to do for this nation as a President , I had a vision for a nation as a President , I wanted to become more than Abraham Lincoln and greatest thinker of this nation as a President. I don’t know why Hon. Mbowe wanted to be a President, I don’t know why Hon. Mrema wanted to be a President , I don’t know why those who are struggling for Presidency and their reason behind.

I am aware of the this issue of Tanzania Constitution but i wont talk too much of it as it is not the main objective of this letter. But for me I had something great in me which I wanted to do when I become a President and that is what I want to share with you through this letter as I am no longer a President. I am not of such kind of politicians who have great ideas in them but because they are not in power, then they are not ready to share those big ideas. I am a man who wants to see changes and through this long letter I may share some ideas with you which I had in mind at a time when I wanted to be a President.

Yes the country is facing so many different social economic crises, we are all aware of different fables happening in this country but for me i am not interested to talk too much about the problems because problems happen so that they be solved not for people to complain and looking for someone to blame. My Point is like this I wanted to form a government which governs least as the heading above is concerned “The Government which governs least governs best, the Greater the Government the smaller the individual”. The government of which a President Hold more power is dangerous and cannot even move fast in development because doing so people will see themselves as very small individual who cannot do anything for the fate of this nation they all depend on one person, on the government. They see themselves as small such that they can’t think, Dream and they expect too much from the government. In this case personal iniative is overlooked not because they can’t only because they see themselves as small creatures that cannot do anything for the nation.

They complain and blame too much, and that is what is happening now because all the power belong to the government to one Person. For what I know good things for the nation are from people not from the government, from people there so many who are talented, gifted with so much to offer in business and other related activities. The government is not talented remember. And the income for the government is from people. The government should live a space for the people to use their abilities, the government should build the conducive environment for the people to flourish, the President should not hold more power to intervene others to think even his delegates. I know some may oppose this: even common people in the street might have great ideas for the nation than big bosses in the office.

Dear President there so many great thinkers in this country why can’t we use them for the benefit of this nation? There so many Professors, Doctors even if some are not settled but there are some who are good, intelligent, thinker and some of them are working in other countries cant we use them? There is a need to reduce power from the government for people to think and do something for this nation. Dear President those are some of ideas I had in mind when I become a President. I heard one of the Leader of Tanzania Private Sector Foundation claiming that :Private sector is not doing much compared to other neighbor counties and the government is responsible for that; I think it is because the government is too much for them, environment for them to invest even a space for them to think it is too much.

Remember the government cannot be of its own, people are the one who are feeding the government and it cannot depend loans, grants and aids all time it is shame. We are the resources; people are resources we all need to think on how we can become big from where we are. The government which is depending loans, grants and aids is on the road to decay. So it is good to give a space for people to think, to invest, to use their talents. Gifts and others potentials for us to grow. Thus why I say the greater the government the smaller the individual and the smaller the government the greater the individual. I had a dream to be a President but I am not .President please use some of my ideas for the betterment of this nation , it is optional as well because you are the President and me I am not.

This letter is long; and I intend to write it everyday and It may take me some years to finish writing because I had so many things in my mind about this nation and the fate of this nation. I am doing all these not for a reason of proving you wrong like what politicians do but for the purpose of changing this nation for the better. We all makes mistakes but repeating mistakes is a sin. Do not forget to recommend these books to Tanzanians and beyond for the change, as I have told you before that I have another mission in life for a change; but we are together in this whole game of life these books includes “The richest Goldmine in you, Kichwa chako ni dhahabu and Nguvu ya Kujitajirisha ndani yako”. And read them if you have time it is very important for you.

When I was four years old my mother once told me that: ”A PERSON IS WHAT HE DOES NOT WHAT HE SAYS,WHAT THE GOVERNMENT DOES IS WHAT MAKE ME CRY AT NIGHT “ BECAUSE YOU ARE NOW A PRESIDENT AND ME I AM NOT TAKE IT INTO CONSIDERATION.

MUNGU IBARIKI TANZANIA
MUNGU IBARIKI AFRIKA
MUNGU IBARIKI DUNIA
MUNGU MBARIKI RAIS WANGU
MUNGU WABARIKI WATANZANIA
Sincerely
Geophrey A. Tenganamba
See you tommorow..................................................................

Categories:

Leave a Reply